The 1750 IMU is an ultra-compact, extremely precise inertial sensor system ideal for autonomous applications where size, weight, and power consumption must be minimised. Leveraging patented KVH technology, the 1750 IMU incorporates the world’s smallest precision fibre optic gyro – KVH’s remarkable DSP-1750 – with very low noise MEMS accelerometers. Result: a high-performance commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) system with excellent bias stability and repeatability.
Rugged, Innovative Design
Contained in one ultra-compact package, the 1750 IMU measures 88.9 mm Dia. x 73.7 mm h (3.5″ x 2.9″), weighs less than .7 kg (1.45 lbs.), and has a power consumption of 5 watts (typical). It features excellent shock, vibration, and thermal functionality, and is designed for accurate performance in extreme environments and mission-critical applications including weapon platforms, radar stabilisation, and remote weapons.
The 1750 IMU offers ease of use and high adaptability, featuring industry standard RS-422 protocol, with user programmable data output rates from 1 to 1000 Hz. Its potential applications include a vast range of navigation and guidance systems, optical equipment, and precision pointing. The 1750 IMU is equally well suited for new or drop-in replacement designs.
- Superior precision – bias instability ≤ 0.05°/hr, 1σ, highly accurate 6-degrees-of-freedom angular rate and acceleration data
- Compact package – 88.9 mm Dia. x 73.7 mm h (3.5″ x 2.9″), <0.7 kg (<1.4 lbs)
- Mission-critical applications include weapon platforms, radar stabilization, and remote weapons
- Rugged design for extreme environments, with excellent shock, vibration, and thermal performance
- Industry standard Asynchronous or Synchronous RS-422 protocol
- Flexible, programmable data output rates from 1 – 1000 Hz
- Built with KVH’s precision DSP-1750 FOGs, using proprietary E-Core ThinFiber, for high reliability and stable performance
- High performance commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) inertial system for challenging applications