Accurate, Easy to Read
The Azimuth 1000 electronic compass is a microprocessor-controlled system designed to provide commercial vessels with accurate heading information in an easy-to-read manner. Both the fluxgate sensor and the LCD display, which features lighting for nighttime viewing, are enclosed within one watertight, self-contained unit. The unique fluxgate sensor gives accuracy far superior to that of a conventional card compass while eliminating problems of spin, swirl, overshoot, sluggishness, and instability. A special mode alerts helmsmen when they veer off a set course.
High Performance from an Industry Leader
Designed to military-quality standards, the solid state, high impact compass is totally shockproof and water-resistant. Even the U.S. Navy approved the replacement of its ships’ magnetic card compasses with KVH digital compasses. The Azimuth 1000 is a six-time winner of the “Best Electronic Compass” award by the National Marine Electronics Association. It can provide heading heading data for use with radars, autopilots, plotters, and PC software through its fast, 10 Hz NMEA 0183 output port.
- Self-contained for easy installation and designed to military quality standards
- Automatic compensation ensures the highest degree of accuracy (±0.5º)
- Backlit LCD display with rotating compass rose and large numerals offers clear viewing during both day and night
- Interfaces with other NMEA 0183-compatible equipment, including radar, autopilots, plotters, and PC software
- Simple push-button selection of off-course mode and any of 10 damping levels
- World-class warranty coverage and support