The M400’s advanced 640 x 480 sensor delivers crisp thermal video images in total darkness and lowlight conditions. An integrated HD Color visible camera and tight-beam LED spotlight augment target identification for added safety. M400 has a continuous optical thermal zoom lens (up to 4×) that allows operators to see other vessels and targets at longer ranges. Active gyro-stabilisation ensures a steady image, plus radar tracking keeps potentially dangerous targets in view at all times.
The joystick is the primary control for the M400. It is used to wake the system or put it in standby, operate the pan and tilt movement, zoom the camera, control cameras modes and features, and configure system settings by means of OSD menus.
- High intensity LED spot-beam can highlight targets of interest, while preserving the night vision of on-deck personnel
- HD Color lowlight camera with 30x optical zoom
- Gyro stabilised to ensure steady viewing in heavy sea conditions
- High resolution 640 x 480 thermal sensor, optical zoom 18° to 6° horizontal field of view
- Rugged, waterproof gimbal enclosure with automatic window heaters for ice management
- 360° pan and +/-90° tilt capability
The M400XR incorporates all the features of the M400 but adds integrated video tracking – lock on and automatically follow objects as long as they’re in view of camera – and a firefighting mode.
The M400XR’s firefighting mode provides enhanced awareness with a target temperature meter and isotherm displays.
In IceAlert™ mode the coldest temperature in the image are highlighted in Blue-Green shades, while warmer temperatures are all in shades of grey. Especially useful for locating ice in the dark.