Technologies Coupled for Accurate Outcomes
The CNS-5000 brings together two powerful technologies – a KVH fibre optic gyro (FOG)-based inertial measurement unit (IMU) and NovAtel’s OEM6® GNSS precision receiver technology for an inertial navigation system (INS) that delivers accuracy at an affordable price. In one compact package, these technologies are deeply coupled to enable the CNS-5000 to process raw data from the GPS and IMU, and deliver an inertial navigation solution offering highly accurate position, velocity and attitude information. The CNS-5000 provides accurate inertial navigation even when GNSS is blocked, jammed or unavailable. This robust inertial navigation system (INS) is a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) product so it simplifies the logistics for those customers whose systems cross international boundaries.
High Output in Demanding Environments
The deeply coupled technologies in the CNS-5000 provide significantly faster GNSS signal reacquisition while maintaining precise inertial navigation. This INS is the ideal solution for a wide range of motion-control and GNSS-integrated navigation applications, including geo-referencing applications, surveying and mobile mapping, navigation for unmanned and autonomous systems and robotics. Designed for mission critical applications and demanding environments, the CNS-5000 INS is also ideal for highly dynamic applications with its high rate output of position, velocity and attitude data.
- Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) product
- Deeply coupled integration of GNSS/IMU technology within a single enclosure
- Dramatically faster GNSS signal reacquisition while maintaining precise inertial navigation
- Patented Digital Signal Processing (DSP) FOGs for high reliability and stable performance
- Full 100 Hz position, velocity and attitude sensing
- Integrated L-Band tracking capability
- RTK, DGPS, Omnistar, and SBAS positioning modes
- Proven GPS tracking via NovAtel’s OEM6® GNSS receiver
- Wheel sensor input for ground applications