Modern super yachts are increasingly likely not to be sailing by themselves. In order to support a luxurious and secluded life on-board, there often are accompanying vessels and possibly a helicopter. This turns the super yacht into a small fleet of its own that needs to be managed. Saab has turned a tried and true technology for tracking ships called AIS into an innovative Tender Tracking System (TTS) that will help in managing your personal fleet in a way that is both secure and private.
In essence, AIS is meant to enhance situational awareness for all nearby vessels by broadcasting information such as vessel name and position. This is a useful basis for tracking your own assets, and the TTS taps into the power of AIS to achieve that, without telling the rest of the world. This is done by transmitting information over a separate encrypted channel that only appropriate transponders you authorise can decode.
The right transponder for every use
There are three transponder models available:
- The R5 SUPREME TTS AIS for the yacht itself;
- The R5 SOLID TTS AIS for tender boats and service vessels;
- The R5A airborne transponder qualified for use in helicopters and planes.
- Full view of both public and private position reports of nearby vessels in all visibility conditions
- Determine estimated time of arrival of you support assets
- Track the position history of your fleet
- See without being seen
- Perfect fit for environments where cybersecurity is essential
- Possibility to exchange encrypted text messages with authorized receivers
- Highly reliable and accurate positioning with advanced R5 NAV module
- Proven state-of-the-art solution originating from law enforcement and defense applications
- Available without export restrictions
- Fully standards compliant
- Easy to install and maintain